Responsible Gaming Program
Resorts World Manila is an advocate of Responsible Gaming.
The Philippine Code of Practice on Responsible Gaming aptly puts it: while gaming is an “enjoyable form of entertainment,” it can have a negative impact to the player, his family and his community when done in excess. For this reason, Resorts World Manila established its Responsible Gaming Program aimed at: (1) creating a safe and responsible gaming environment; (2) creating awareness among its employees, clients and the community of the harm associated with gambling-related problems; and (3) offering appropriate support and assistance to clients with gaming related behavioral problems.
Resort World Manila’s Responsible Gaming Program has three-fold features: (1) information dissemination on responsible gaming; (2) assistance to gaming members seeking professional help; and (3) exclusion procedure.
Information Dissemination: Awareness on Responsible Gaming
Problem Gambling refers to a situation where a person engages in excessive gambling. It may be evident in one or more of the following behaviors:
- Mood swings. One is easily irritated or argumentative.
- Excessive time spent in casinos. One spends more time engaging in gaming activities than in his ordinary routine – work, business, family.
- Neglecting personal needs/responsibilities. One does not bother to attend to his personal needs or to take charge of responsibilities to himself, to his family, to his work and others.
- Sudden need for money.
- Significant deviation from one’s ordinary routine.
- Being secretive and/or lying about things done during leisure time.
Excessive gambling may have negative effects on the lives of a player and his family. On a personal level, people who engage in Problem Gambling may suffer depression and anxiety, job loss and financial hardships. They may neglect their duties and responsibilities to their family and cause relationship breakdown. They may also be involved in theft, financial fraud, and scams in order to fund their gambling activities.
Government Mandated Restrictions
Pursuant to existing laws, rules and regulations, the following persons are not allowed to play in any casinos in the Philippines:
- Government officials connected directly with the operation of the Government or any of its agencies;
- Members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, including the Army, Navy, Air Force or the Philippine National Police;
- Persons under 21 years old or students of any school, college or university in the Philippines.
Membership Assistance: Helpdesk and Seeking Professional Help
Resorts World Manila’s Responsible Gaming Program established the following helpdesk for gaming members who might need professional help:
Life Change Recovery Center
105 Scout Rallos Street, Kamuning Barangay Sacred Heart, Quezon City
Tel Nos. 415-7964 / 415-6529
- All membership officers stationed at Resorts World Manila Membership Counters are prepared to assist gaming members who feel that they need professional help, or a gaming member’s next-of-kin for their concerns.
- Gaming members who feel the need for professional help may likewise send information to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resorts World Manila has partnered with Life Change Recovery Center, a professional counseling and treatment facility for persons with psychiatric conditions, addictions or psychological and/or behavioral problems. Anyone who needs said treatment may directly contact the following:
Procedure for Exclusion
Gaming members who may want to exclude themselves from playing in any casino in the Philippines may do so by completing the form in this link and submitting the required documents. Likewise, the relatives of a gaming member may file an application for exclusion subject to the conditions imposed by the Code of Practice.
Click this link for the Application for Exclusion.